The Cure - Konzertbericht...

Balu

Forums-Opa
Veteran
*heul*
*sniff*
*PLÄÄÄÄÄRRRR*

Warum war ich NICHT dabei?????

The Cure haben am Freitag ein nettes kleines Konzi gegeben... im Londoner Barfly... vor 200 Leuten in einem 10*15m Raum.... arrrrgggghhh

Hier ein Bericht

=========================================

From the second this gig was announced and the manner in which to acquire entry it was obvious that the build
upto this gig was going to be fraught; days of compulsive texting and the pure agony waiting for that winning text
message resulted in one of my bestest cure buddies giving me the greatest 30th birthday present ever (THANKS
again SS)!!

The day arrived and many of the loyal regular faces (with and without tickets) turned up outside the venue around
4pm, welcoming the band members as they turned up one by one. Robert was the last to arrive by black cab, which
i thought was pretty cool!

Having stood around eagerly chitchatting with fans (whilst body parts were slowly becoming numb from the
dropping temperature) a roving reporter was interviewing everyone as the atmosphere was becoming more tense,
those with tickets becoming very excitable, whilst trying to contain it and comfort those who were going to listen
to this gig from the outside ;(

We were forewarned by COF/thecure.com that there was going to be a STRICT security policy on entrance,
however funnily enough in reality I just got ASKED by a burly bouncer 'you got a camera on you luv?' ...'er no!'
...'ok go in then!' and that was it!!!;)

Having entered the barfly first it was really heartwarming to see the reaction on fans faces as they walked into
the gig room, most looked somewhat taken-a-back when they saw the size of the room (about 15mx10m). I think
it was dawning on everyone how (even more so) INCREDIBLY lucky we all were to be part of this!

We knew this gig was DEFINITELY going to be a one off; the first of the surprises was Simon's brother, Rick,
returning to do the light show for the first time since the early eighties.

From the second the band walked on stage to the compact yelling and screams of the fans 'shake dog shake'
was the perfect parallel and release of all the stresses we had gone through to get to this point. The atmosphere
was awesome, in that all the best bits of crowd participation seemed to be apparent tonight - everyone was
singing their hearts out, dancing and generally embracing the bands every move. There weren't any knobheads
trying to claw their way 2cm nearer to robert or drunkern arseholes falling into everyone jumping up and down
(oh apart from me, jen, nicci, nige and tom that is!!!)

The band were extremely tight tonight maybe this is down to the new recording process of playing live (?) or the
on looking Ross Robinson. Never have 85's head-on-the-door songs sounded so sweet! Robert was very
responsive to the crowd taking part in a 'question and answer' type session inbetween songs....answering that
question on all of our lips about WHEN will the mystical next album appear!?

The pace of the gig was very frantic, punching the upbeat hits out one after another, I have never experienced
such a fun and uplifting gig in 14 years of doing this and having bent down after 'BDC' to regain my breath I
lifted my head and readied myself for the onslaught of the next stomping track - however as i looked on stage i
thought i must have been seeing things when combined with the present line up on walked porl and frank bell.
The diehards in the audience grinned from ear to ear and those who were one off cure-gig-attendees were looking
puzzled as to who the big chirppy chappie was grabbing roberts microphone, who had just invaded the stage.

As the combined 'supergroup' (!) knocked out 'i dig you' and 'cult hero' I just couldnt wipe this silly smile off my
face as we bounced around to songs which have not been done live since Brighton '85 (?) Frank Bell was hilarious,
the generously proportioned chap jiggled around sweating profusely with beer in one hand and mic in the other as
the fans egged him on. At the other side of the stage the guitar god aka porl seemed to slot back into his old stage
position with ease and many of us 'old timers' screaming for him to knock out that infamous 'never enough' guitar
rift that we all adored!

The gig ended with a barrage of pop hits, leaving us all breathless (in more ways than one) in the claustrophobic
venue - some more than others as i spotted my diehard mate and caught her as she was in the process of fainting
with both porl and roger giving a helping hand at the front!

The energy sustained throughout by both band and audience yet again reaffirmed why I put myself through the
stresses of following the band over the years. Sharing these experiences with the likeminded and ever-growing
huge family of cure friends that I now know just doubles the fun!!

So today I awoke feeling the normal aching limbs, bruises and that post gig 'low'! However we have not long to
wait for a fix of 'the cure', its only 2 weeks to our next 'OFFICIAL CUREDRINK' (March 20th, The Verge,
Kentish town) where 'Easy Cure' are coming over to play, its also doubling as my 3oth (eeK!) birthday party, so
please come along AND you're ALL guaranteed entry!!!

=========================================

Ok.. da wär ich gern gewesen....

Balu

Forums-Opa
Veteran
Poste ich gerne...

habe die 2002 beim Zillo Festival in Hahn gesehen.. war klasse...

aber in einer Bar... mit 200 Leuts... so direkt vor denen sitzen... *zitter*

Die Tickets wurden fast alle verlost übrigens... nur ein paar wurden bei E-Bay für einen guten Zweck versteigert...

Zur Cure Tour gibt es ganz ganz aktuelle News aus dem neuesten WOM Magazin "according to Karsten Jahnke's ad in the new edition of WOM, a tour of Germany is under preparation for September/October as well as open-air festival appearances in June/July"

Juni? Vielleicht sogar noch Anfang Juni? <eg>