YouMeAtSix

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

Balu

Forums-Opa
Veteran
YouMeAtSix

Offiziell Bestätigt

You Me At Six (sometimes typcast as youmeatsix and abbreviated as yma6, ym@6 or ymas) are an English pop punk band from Weybridge, Surrey

Formed in 2005, You Me At Six remained small for around two years, until early 2007. In their early material they incorporated elements of screaming, as expressed in early demos such as "Turbulence", "Noises", and "Promise, Promise" and "The rumour". Their first release was a three track EP in 2005 entitled We Know What It's Like To Be Alone. They then released a four-track EP at the start of 2007, with the songs "The Rumour", "Gossip", "Noises" and "This Turbulence Is Beautiful". They played many local and smaller venues throughout 2006, then in 2007 began playing larger venues. One of the first major break throughs came for the band when playing to a sold-out show at Camden Underworld in February of 2007, then later with the opening slot of Slam Dunk Festival 2007. Their support slot with Paramore at Colchester Arts Centre also drew the attention of major media, such as Kerrang!.

Present and future

In November 2007 You Me At Six were signed by Slam Dunk Records, an independent record label who are producing and promoting the band's debut album Take Off Your Colours. The album was released in stores and for digital download on October 6 2008 which reached number 25 in the album charts the same week. They released a single the previous week on the 29th September entitled "Jealous Minds Think Alike" where they played an in store performance at Banquet Records in Kingston. The release of their debut album was accompanied by a promotional tour beginning October 15, in which they headlined the London Astoria, a venue which they had hoped they'd be able to headline before it is knocked down in 2009.[5] They also played in several HMV stores around the country to promote their new album, the first being the HMV on Oxford Street, the day of the albums release. The song"If You Run" from this album is also available to download for free from their website.[6] On the 10th October they announced they would be supporting Fall Out Boy, (along with Boys Like Girls) on their UK arena tour. In March 2009 You Me At Six are on a headlining tour in the UK doing seven dates (the 777 tour), support coming from Emarosa and The Spill Canvas.

Quelle Text

offizielle Bandpage
myspace

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.