Fences/Wavebreakers

parawhor3

Parkrocker
I don't speak german so I'm gonna write in english.
I have a question. I saw on some pictures that there are fences between people , it's like vip zone and something like that but there is no tickets for that or what is it?

Anhänge

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    100 KB · Aufrufe: 726

Dom

Parkrocker
In German we call it "Wellenbrecher", which means as much as breakwater. It makes sure nobody gets crushed when the whole crowd is moving, so it basically breaks this wave of pushing. To get in the first zoned area you have to be there early enough, no special tickets needed. When there are too many people, security closes the first zone and you have to watch the concert from behind those fences. Once you're in the first area you also can't get out and come back again easily. Keep that in mind if you have an overactive bladder..

Balu

Forums-Opa
Veteran
These fences are so called wavebreakers, they are meant to seperate the audience in order to lower the danger of injuries. You can que up for the front area on the side of the area with no special ticket

parawhor3

Parkrocker
And when they close that first zone, you can't get there? There is no toilets in that 'first zone'?

Guadalajarena

Parkrocker
Not at Rock im Park. If you happen to find yourself in there and feel the urge to do anything outside of it, there's no guarantee (and probably no chance) that you'll get back in immediately. As you can imagine, the earlier the day, the easier it is to just walk in and out of there. But once it's getting late and you want to see a certain band from the front you'll just have to man up :)

Geronimo

Parkrocker
I was at Rock am Ring two years ago, and they had toilets at the first zone (I think?), a shame they don't have that at RiP! I'm going to the Park for the first time this year!

Oh well I'm probably not going to be in there too much anyway, I like my beer, and you know beer in means water out!