Sweethead

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

Balu

Forums-Opa
Veteran
Sweethead

Offiziell Bestätigt

With a name inspired by the David Bowie B-side, Sweethead was formed by Queens of the Stone Age guitarist Troy Van Leeuwen and vocalist Serrina Sims, who provided backing vocals on QOTSA album Era Vulgaris, in 2008. The bands roster was rounded up with Norm Block formerly of Plexi and Troy's former Enemy bandmate Eddie Nappi, also formerly of Handsome. Also Nappi and Block perform in Mark Lanegan's band. The band toured as part of Snow Patrol's Taking Back the Cities Tour playing in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and France from May 18 through to June 2. The band’s first EP is titled The Great Disruptors and was released on July 13, 2009. It included a cover of The Kinks' "Tired of Waiting for You" which can also be downloaded for free at the band's website. A show at the London Barfly followed with appearances at both the Reading and Leeds Festivals then they supported Eagles of Death Metal on their tour of the UK. The band also released a video for the EPs title track The Great Disruptors.
The band released their debut studio album, Sweethead, produced by Van Leeuwen on November 2, 2009. The band were then announced as the main support for the German/UK leg of the Deserve the Future Tour with Them Crooked Vultures. In a November interview, Van Leeuwen hinted that should his commitments with QOTSA clash with Sweethead, he would allow the group to continue with him switching to a writing and recording capacity until he could return:
“I think I'll always be involved in Sweethead, and I'll do my best to be involved as much as I can. But like I said, if things get too crazy with Queens Of The Stone Age, which they tend to do, it's totally understood that the idea should continue on, even if I move on to just doing the recording and the writing, and maybe not so much touring. It's really early to say. I love the band, and it's partly my baby, so I want to make sure that it's treated right.”
Serrina Sims stated in an interview that the group may record a new album in the first part of the new year, before the US release of the debut album in March, and when QOTSA release a new album and tour, Sweethead will reconvene and continue.

Quelle Text

offizielle Bandpage
Myspace

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

KuzKus

Parkrocker
die hören sich recht gut an!!!:)
mal schauen ob die sich ausgehn...wird mal vorgemerkt!

roman2k

Hab die als Vorband von Them Crooked Vultures schon gesehen. Ich mag ja Troy van Leeuwen (ist ja auch Gitarrist bei QOTSA), aber die Musik war echt Müll. Kann man höchstens wegen der hübschen Sängerin anschauen.

TonyMac

Parkrocker
fand ich ganz ok als vorband von tcv... durch den schlechten sound hab ihc vom gesang null verstanden... eventuell schau ich sie mir an!

icedearth

The American Dream
Also was ich bis jetzt gehoert habe find ich okay...

Zustimmung erforderlich

An dieser Stelle befindet sich ein eingebetteter Inhalt eines externen Anbieters (z. B. von YouTube oder Vimeo).

Um diesen eingebetteten Inhalt anzuzeigen, benötigen wir deine Zustimmung zum Setzen von Drittanbieter-Cookies.

Weitere Informationen findest du in der Datenschutzerklärung.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

moreris

Parkrocker
werd ich mir aufejdenfall angucken. Stimme klingt so n bisschen wie Courtney Love und Mukke is auch geil.

is eine der beiden (mir vorher unbekannten) bands, wo ich der meinung bin, dass man die sich angucken kann/sollte

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.