Balu

Forums-Opa
Veteran
Offiziell bestätigt

Members:
- Shawn Crahan - drums, vocals
- Brandon Darner - vocals, guitar
- Stevan Robinson - guitar

It is true that Inspiration usually comes from the most unlikely places. Real inspiration, a truly fresh voice that makes you look at matters from an entirely different place, very often comes from things either deceptively simple, or from a familiar concept that is presented in- that rarest of things these days- an original way.

Roadrunner Records is proud to present the debut album from To My Surprise: a band, and an album, that you did not expect. Produced by Rick Rubin, who signed on immediately upon hearing a demo of album opener "The World's Too Small", To My Surprise is startlingly fresh, unashamedly melodic, and at once challenging and familiar. Light and dark. Melody and grit. Influences not to be measured in bands or songs, but in decades. One song recalls Detroit proto-punk, while the next might mingle with infectious pop, then lock-step guitar groove, and so on, until you arrive at the fiercely modern sum of this album's parts.

As varied as the songs are, they are all songs in their own right. Each is infectiously listenable. Put it on and hear your soon-to-be favorite album, for the first time.

Press across the globe is already beginning to buzz on this album, and with good reason: To My Surprise co-songwriter and drummer is none other than Clown, mad-genius and one of the founding members of Slipknot.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/ToMySurprise/bio.aspx

Jonathan Davis

the penguin
Veteran
Achtung, bitte festschnallen, denn diese CD http://www.roadrunnerrecords.de/artists/ToMySurprise/mini.jpg
birgt eine dicke Überraschung!
Die US-Band TO MY SURPRISE klingt anders. Wie, anders? Nun, sagen wir, sie serviert der Hörerschaft ein Menü, welches sich nicht so ohne weiteres in eine Schublade packen läßt. Vielleicht könnte man es ansatzweise mit Beatles-meets-Dandy Warhols-meets-abgefahrene Psychedelicschrammelindie-Musik beschreiben? Hört am besten selbst. Und verinnerlicht euch dann die Info, dass hinter dieser nicht ganz alltäglichen Tonreise jemand steckt, der sich sonst wie ein Berserker an den Percussions austobt: SHAWN %u201ECLOWN%u201C CRAHAN. Diese Platte beweist einmal mehr die Theorie, dass in vielen Menschen anscheinend eine Jekyll & Hyde-Seele wohnt. Ihr werdet euch fragen: Meinen die das ernst???
Hört euch einen Track wie %u201ESunday%u201C an und spekuliert. Oder %u201EIn The Mood%u201C, wo es einen Video-Clip zu geben wird. Fakt ist:
die Platte macht Spaß, ist interessant und voller Esprit.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.de/

Brichen

Veteran
Er hat recht, ist sowohl von der RaR Page als auch von der RiP Page verschwunden

Hampfi

Parkrocker
haben die wohl still und heimlich verschwinden lassen.
naja, solange das nicht bei Metallica passiert ist alles gut

Liverty

Parkrocker
Website
www.ferenc-demendi.de
Hampfi schrieb:
haben die wohl still und heimlich verschwinden lassen.
naja, solange das nicht bei Metallica passiert ist alles gut
find ich scheisse von MLK und auch das Arggument "solange es bei Metallica nicht passiert..." ... weil das ist einfach eine sehr miese Informationspolitik und egtl. eine unzumutbare Art und Weise wie hier mit dem Verbraucher umgegangen wird!